In this course attendees will learn how to develop and customize embedded Linux systems.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to the architecture of embedded Linux systems.
- How to use, configure and generate your own development environment, including the cross-compiler toolchain.
- Configure and compile the bootloader (U-Boot) for the development kit.
- Configure and compile a Linux kernel customized for the development kit.
- Create a rootfs from scratch using BusyBox and other open source components.
- Boot the rootfs via network (NFS) on an embedded Linux platform.
- Develop an embedded web server.
- Compile and test Linux kernel modules.
- Use different types of file systems (ext2, ext4, jffs2, ubifs, etc).
- Boot the rootfs from the SD card.
- Develop applications to access devices in Linux, including leds, GPIOs, buzzer, 7 segment display, accelerometer, etc.
- Using Buildroot as a build system to automate the generation of a complete embedded Linux system.
- Understand how software licenses works.
- Develop and cross-compile Linux applications for embedded systems.
- Develop basic graphical applications using the Qt5 toolkit on an embedded Linux platform.
- Debug applications with GDB, valgrind, strace and ltrace.
- Set up and use Eclipse as an IDE for developing applications in embedded Linux.
Some pictures of training sessions already presented are available here.
Students, engineers and software developers of embedded systems projects.
Attendees should know the basics of the GNU/Linux command line interface and have intermediate knowledge on developing programs in C language.
All required development tools and equipment will be provided by Embedded Labworks.
The course material contains the slides of the presentations, book of activities and exercises, reference guides, and additional reference documents. All materials will be provided in an electronic format at the start of the training session.
The training exercises will be performed on the Colibri i.MX6 Toradex module with the Aster carrier board and an expansion board with a lot of peripherals, including leds, buttons, trimpot, buzzer, UART, temperature sensor, 7 segment display, GPIO expander and accelerometer.
The open training sessions are presented in a pleasant environment, with a properly equipped laboratory and Internet access. Classes are usually presented full time, with a stop for lunch and a coffee break in the morning.
If you are interested in participating in the training but there is no open session available, please fill the pre-registration form clicking here. We will contact you as soon as a new training session is opened.
If you plan to train your team or a group of people, consider a training session in your company.
In-company classes have the same characteristics of an open training session. In this model, the company is responsible for providing the necessary resources needed for the training, including room, data projector and development machines. This model also brings big advantages for the company, since the cost of transportation and accommodation of several employees is reduced only to the instructor.
If your company has a special requirement, we can study a program that meets your needs in a specific way, like preparing the training material for a specific hardware platform or developing additional content. Do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or leaving a message in the contact page.
Take the training to your city
You can take the training session to your community at any city in Brazil!
Can't afford to take the course in São Paulo? Do you have a study group and want to learn more about a specific technology? Do you coordinate or participate in the coordination of a course at your university and would like to train the teachers and students? Do you have a space and would like to get some friends together and spend enjoyable hours learning about embedded systems?
Send an e-mail or leave a message in the contact page. Send the name of the course you are interested and the city. If we can get together a group of interested people, we can bring the training to your city!